Get to know Fort Collins! Join us for an entertaining one-hour Fort Collins sightseeing and Fort Collins history stroll to learn about fun folklore, current traditions, local ghosts, and the rich history that shapes our town. Along the way, you’ll hear stories about the colorful characters and events that transformed Fort Collins from a small army fort to the rich and vibrant city it is today. Here are just some of the subjects we cover:
- Local festivals and traditions both past and present
- Tales of prohibition and bootlegging in this craft brew mecca
- How too much whisky and bad decisions led to the only lynching in Fort Collins
- Insight on the local art scene including the story behind our painted pianos
- Grasshopper invasions that almost made Fort Collins a ghost town
This 1-hour Fort Collins Sightseeing and Fort Collins History walking tour covers about ½ mile and is offered to private groups all year round. starting at the Fort Collins Visitor Center located at 1 Old Town Square .