Located near downtown San Juan and directly on the award-winning Isla Verde Beach of San Juan, Puerto Rico, El San Juan Hotel artfully blends the best elements of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Designed by legendary Miami Beach architect Morris Lapidus, El San Juan Hotel officially opened its doors on February 1, 1958, offering guests authentic Puerto Rican hospitality and entertainment. Today, the property remains a timeless Puerto Rican icon and one of the Caribbean’s most desired destinations.
El San Juan Hotel was built in the 1950’s by Pan American World Airways to align with the island’s new international airport, which was being built at the time, as well as the island’s Isla Verde beach. By the 1960’s, El San Juan Hotel became one of the most visited destinations because of its oceanfront location and premium nightlife, featuring performances from top entertainers including Sammy Davis Jr., Nat King Cole, Milton Berle, Paul Anka, Liza Minelli, Marco Antonio Muñiz, and Julio Iglesias.
El San Juan Hotel reopened in December 2018 following a $65 million restoration, which married the hotel’s legendary past and old-world elegance with a reimagined approach to wellness and lavishness. From its storied décor and inspired cuisine, to its renowned gathering spaces and lush poolscape, the hotel is an authentic celebration of Puerto Rico’s traditions, old and new, for locals and travellers alike.
Top 5 ways to make your experience memorable:
1. Beach, Pools & Cabanas: The Fairmont El San Juan Hotel is poised on a two-mile expanse of beach voted USA Today’s Best Urban Beach in the United States, the Hotel invites guests to dip their toes in the glistening turquoise waters of the Atlantic Ocean. Embark on spirited seaside adventures, from lounging in beach chairs beneath umbrellas to kayaking, jet skiing, snorkeling, and more. The Fairmont El San Juan Hotel’s four pristine pools offer experiences ranging from the relaxing to the reinvigorating, including cabanas, bottle service, massages, and floating workouts.
2. The Iconic Lobby and epicenter of entertainment: Featuring a 7,000 hand-blown crystal chandelier from Czechoslovakia this timeless epicenter of Puerto Rico, where nightlife entertainment, inspired cuisine and mixology create unique celebrations reflective of the Island’s culture. Made iconic by the socialites, parties, and performances that defined nightlife in the roaring 60’s, the hotel’s jovial spirit lives on in its imaginative and intimate bars. Fairmont El San Juan Hotel, offers weekly live entertainment from Wednesdays to Saturdays.
3. Dine at Caña by Juliana Gonzalez: Discover the inspired cuisine of Chef Juliana Gonzalez in an airy indoor space or at the covered terrace overlooking the signature oceanfront pools. Each one-of-a-kind dish is a tribute to Puerto Rican heritage old and new, with the international zest and fresh ingredients.
4. An Innovative Spa and Health Retreat: Discover an exceptional fusion of spa and wellness at Well & Being Spa, Fairmont El San Juan Hotel. This unique spa retreat located in Puerto Rico offers you personalized programs that infuse life with a greater sense of vitality. Discover the motivating kick-start of a new, evidence-based approach to nutrition and exercise, designed to transform you from the inside out. A full list of services can be found here.
5. Live it Well at the Well & Being Fitness Center: Whether you are a beginner, just starting out on a new fitness regimen, or a seasoned pro, Well & Being’s robust class offerings and personal training are sure to address your every fitness need. Experience our Functional Fitness Sky Lab and take your fitness routine to new heights in an outdoor rooftop fitness facility. From Float Fit to In-Trinity Board Class, Spinning, Latin Beat and Body Sculpting classes to Boot Camp and TRX classes, we offer something for everyone.
For more information, please visit https://www.fairmont.com/puerto-rico.
Or take advantage of the Fairmont El San Juan Navigate Boomer Offer to receive 15% off your stay.